Compliments of DineAmic Group Corporate Chef, Jeremy Tannehill
Serves 14 – 16
1 cup kosher salt
.5 cup brown sugar
1.5 gallons vegetable stock
2 tablespoons black peppercorn
1 teaspoon clove
1 teaspoon allspice
1) Bring all ingredients to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
2) Let cool overnight.
3) Place turkey breast side down into brine and then add as much water is necessary to completely submerge. Use a few plates to hold under water.
COOK YOUR TURKEY
1) Brine the thawed turkey one full night prior to cooking (recipe above).
2) Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Take the turkey out of the brine and rise inside out with cold water.
3) Pat dry and coat liberally with vegetable oil.
4) Insert any aromatics (see below) as desiered once brine is no longer used.
5) Pop turkey in the fully heated oven for 30 minutes.
6) After 30 minutes have passed, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and cook until thickest part of the breast reaches 160 degrees.
7) Pull the turkey out and let rest for 15 minutes prior to carving.
Onion • Celery • Carrot • Apple • Sage • Tarragon • Rosemary • Cinnamon Sticks